Saturday, October 08, 2011

Fall.. Winter.. Summer...

It's October, but the weather in Maine really isn't sure what it wants to do right now. Two weeks ago, it was 80 degrees and beautiful, with some rain and thunderstorms looming every night. Last week it was 50 and frigid, getting down to 28 degrees F at night, leaving frost on my windows and causing me to scrape my car before my Thursday class. This weekend, as of right now at 914 AM it is 46 degrees and sunny, but the weekend forecast says 75 and sunny. I'm used to winter lasting too long, or fall coming too soon, but this flip flop forecast has my sinuses all screwed up, and my kids clothing choices slim! I put away the summer clothes, shorts and tank tops and light t-shirts, mid September, thinking it was almost time for sweatshirts and fleece pants. I love fall, fall in Maine is beautiful. The leaves all change colors, Joshua finds reasons to want to go outside to "collect things" like pine cones, pine needles and maple leaves, we go apple picking, Halloween comes and it gives Meghann and Jared an excuse to come up for a long weekend before the Holiday season begins.

I love watching Joshua learn new things, so far this fall we have accomplished potty training, and writing our name. We have been blessed by a week long visit from my brother, Joshua's best friend Uncle Adam. Adam was here at my mothers for a whole week and 6 of those 7 days Joshua spent every moment possible with him. Both kids are really captivated by Adam, and I couldn't be happier in the role that my brother plays in their life. I'm also enjoying this fall because it's the final fall I have with my baby boy before he can start pre-school. Technically he could have started this year, but we were unsure of our living situation and didn't want him to sign up for something we couldn't follow through with. So we are staying home at 3, and starting him at 4. So far this fall as a 3 year old he has gone through 1 session of gymnastics, and started session 2 this week, and is IN LOVE with it! He is having so much fun spending Wednesday mornings with 4 other kids his age, running around, doing "moose rolls" and silly dances. He is so independent, I'm really glad we've allowed him to chose his own activities and only hope he continues to chose what HE really wants in the future.









Lucy is growing so quickly. It's so strange to imagine that Joshua was her age when we found out we were pregnant with her. She is my baby, and she seems to be growing too fast. I don't think she realizes she is the end of the line for mommy and daddy! She, like her brother, is the most independent little 16 month old I have ever known. She wont let you feed her, no matter how much of a mess she makes, and she has grown 8+ teeth in 4 months! At her first birthday, we had 0 teeth in that little mouth of hers, and now it's like they just keep coming!

Chris and I are busy planning our wedding, April 21 2012. It seems crazy almost that we have waited this long. My friends son turned 3 today, and I remember that day so well because Chris and I went to the hospital to see them together. This month was the beginning of us, 3 years ago, and I wouldn't trade a moment of it for the world. I really can't wait to be his wife. Along with that, we are also starting to gather the information needed for him to adopt Joshua so he can legally be his father. The next 6 months are going to bring so much joy to our little family I cannot begin to explain how excited we are for the future :)

No comments: